The 2021 Honda X-ADV, although not yet available in the United States is a popular enough model to receive major upgrades for the next European model year. Remember that the European model year is often a preview for what will be offered in the United States.
The 2021 Honda X-ADV scooter-style adventure bike features a 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. This allows the rider to enjoy the same fully-automatic transmission as scooters and features a six-speed gearbox that can be manually shifted with an automatic clutch.
We are familiar with the Honda NC750X engine that powers this powerplant. For 2021, the parallel-twin forward canted motor receives a four-horsepower increase and a redline of 600 rpm more. The DCT has been updated and the gear ratios have been reworked to match the increased power. The 2021 Honda X-ADV features ride-by-wire technology and power modes that include adjustable engine compression braking.
Honda has upgraded the frame. The new X-ADV’s overall weight dropped to 520 lbs with the 3.5-gallon fuel tanks filled.
The styling of the vehicle has been updated to reflect its ADV inspiration.
The latest technology updates include a five-inch TFT dashboard and Honda Smartphone Voice Control. This feature was first introduced on the Honda Forza 750 and allows riders to interact with their smartphone via buttons or voice through a Honda app.
The 2021 Honda X-ADV price in Europe and the arrival date in the USA are not yet known. The adventure-scooter market remains wide open and the six-speed DCT makes it an interesting two-wheeler we look forward to riding.
2021 Honda X-ADV Specs
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 745cc
- Bore x stroke: 77 x 80mm
- Maximum power: 58 horsepower @ 6750 rpm
- Maximum torque: 51 ft-lbs @ 4750 rpm
- Compression ratio: 745cc
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ Dual Clutch Transmission
- Clutch: Wet multiplate DCT
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: Diamond style w/ steel tubing
- Front suspension; travel: Non-adjustable 41mm inverted fork/6.0 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Linkage-assisted, non-adjustable shock; 5.9 inches
- Wheels: Wire-spoke
- Front wheel: 17 x 3.50
- Rear wheel: 15 x 4.50
- Tires: Bridgestone Trail Wing Radial
- Front tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 160/60 x 17
- Front brakes: 296mm discs w/ radially mounted 4-piston Nissin calipers
- Rear brake: 240mm disc w/ single-piston Nissin caliper
- ABS: Standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 62.6 inches
- Rake: 27 degrees
- Trail: 4.1 inches
- Seat height: 32.3 inches
- Ground clearance: 6.5 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.5 gallons
- Estimate fuel consumption: 65 mpg
- Curb weight: 520 pounds
- Grand Prix Red
- Graphite Black
- Pearl Deep Mud Grey